This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
If you have figured it out by now, my family loves beef! I know, I know…it’s not the healthiest thing in the world and we don’t eat it every day (only a couple times a week). My husband, is a sucker for a good hamburger. The fancier the better for him! I think he fell in love with me all over again when I served up a big platter of these babies the other night.
I left the blue cheese and onions off the kids burgers until my 7yo took a sample of the blue cheese (thinking it was feta) and went crazy. She loved it! What?!?!? My 7yo is a blue cheese fan….darn it…we are going to have to start sharing our fancy cheeses with her.
Um, I may have used the bacon drippings on my rolls and then toasted them.
Is that bad? Shhh…I don’t write that into the recipe, so it will be our little secret.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion
- 8 slices bacon, cooked
- 8 slider buns
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt and pepper
- Season ground beef with salt and pepper. Form into 8 small patties and set aside. Slice onion into long strips and place in a medium sauce pan with oil and sugar. Cook over medium to medium-high heat for 10-15 minutes, stirring often until the onions are caramelized.
- While the onions cook, preheat grill to high. Cook burgers over direct heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until desired doneness. During the last minute or two of cooking time add blue cheese and let it melt on the burgers.
- Slice rolls in half and toast either on the grill or in a skillet for about 30 seconds.
- To assemble burger: Place bottom of roll on a plate, then add bacon and burger. Top with caramelized onions, a drizzle of BBQ sauce, and the top of the roll.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 2 sliders
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 691 Total Fat: 32g Saturated Fat: 12g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 17g Cholesterol: 136mg Sodium: 1394mg Carbohydrates: 46g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 18g Protein: 51g