If you have figured it out by now, my family loves beef! I know, I know…it’s not the healthiest thing in the world and we don’t eat it every day (only a couple times a week). My husband, is a sucker for a good hamburger. The fancier the better for him! I think he fell in love with me all over again when I served up a big platter of these babies the other night.
I left the blue cheese and onions off the kids burgers until my 7yo took a sample of the blue cheese (thinking it was feta) and went crazy. She loved it! What?!?!? My 7yo is a blue cheese fan….darn it…we are going to have to start sharing our fancy cheeses with her.
Um, I may have used the bacon drippings on my rolls and then toasted them.
Is that bad? Shhh…I don’t write that into the recipe, so it will be our little secret.
Bacon and Blue BBQ Sliders
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked
- 8 yeast rolls
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 tbl vegetable oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt & pepper
- Season ground beef with salt and pepper. Form into 8 small patties and set aside. Slice onion into long strips and place in a medium sauce pan with oil and sugar. Cook over medium to medium-high heat for 10-15 minutes, stirring often until the onions are caramelized.
- While the onions cook, preheat grill to high. Cook burgers over direct heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until desired doneness. During the last minute or two of cooking time add blue cheese and let it melt on the burgers.
- Slice rolls in half and toast either on the grill or in a skillet for about 30 seconds.
- To assemble burger: Place bottom of roll on a plate, then add bacon and burger. Top with caramelized onions, a drizzle of BBQ sauce, and the top of the roll.
Join the Club!
Get delicious recipes delivered straight to your inbox each week! Plus learn how to take back suppertime in your home.
And get started with my NEW Take Back Suppertime 5-Day Jump Start Guide.