This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
Delicious 3-ingredient Southwestern Cheese Breadsticks are the perfect side dish for any soup or even served as an appetizer.
My family loves something to dip into to their soup. The kids love bread…any type of bread, but hubby and I will do crackers too. BUT….y’all these breadsticks are amazing and they take no time to throw together!
These Southwestern Cheesy Breadsticks go very well with my Taco Soup. It’s vegetarian, but you can totally add cooked shredded chicken to make it a bit heartier.
- rimmed baking sheet (hands down this is my fav baking sheet)
- pizza cutter (makes cutting these so easy)
- rolling pin
Ingredient notes and substitutions:
Y’all…these breadsticks are so dang easy. I make them all the time, but vary the seasonings to create different flavors. For these Southwestern Cheese Breadsticks, all you need is:
- taco seasoning (I always use my homemade seasoning, but store bought works)
- cheese (any cheddar blend is delicious)
- refrigerated crescent rolls
Other Breadstick Flavors:
The sky is the limit with making these quick breadsticks. They are a great side dish for steaks, pasta, soups, and salads.
- Melted butter & dried rosemary
- Italian seasoning and mozzarella
- Olive oil & garlic (powdered or finely chopped)
- Ranch dressing packet OR Italian dressing packet
- Cinnamon & sugar (for a dessert)
What can you use instead of crescent rolls?
I just love the way crescent rolls bake up in this recipe, but you could use any refrigerated dough like pizza dough or breadstick dough. Even the canned biscuit dough would work, but would require a little more effort to turn them into breadsticks.
Pie crust dough and puff pastry dough also work, but watch for doneness as the baking time might be different.
- 1 can crescent rolls
- 1-2 tbls taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Unroll can of crescent roll dough and lightly press seams together. Gently roll dough with a rolling pin, increasing the size of the rectangle just an inch or so all the way around.
- Sprinkle dough with taco seasoning and cheddar cheese.
- Using a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut into 8 long strips.
- Pick up each strip and carefully twist 4-5 times and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Serve with any soup, like my Taco Soup.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 162Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 311mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 5g
This nutritional information is an estimate may vary, depending on brand and type of ingredients used. It is not intended to replace the advice of a licensed dietician or physician.
Pin this recipe to your favorite Pinterest board:
Recent Recipes You May Have Missed:
- Cheddar Broccoli Soup
- Sausage Dressing with Apples & Bacon
- Spicy Sauteed Green Beans
- 2 Hour No Knead Bread
- Cheesy Garlic Bread