This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
Learn how to make a steakhouse steak at home with this Filet Mignon Steak with Garlic Butter Sauce. You won’t be disappointed!
Be sure to sign up for my email list….seasonal recipes in your inbox every week!
I came up with this really fast one evening. I didn’t want to cook, I wanted to go out…but the kids just were not up for it. So, I thought about it and realized most steakhouses use butter when they cook their steaks to make them really extra rich, shiny, and juicy.
But why do we spend a $150 to go out for a good steak, when I know I can grill a steak and make something just as good at home…dare I say it’s even better than going out. Once I learned how to master my gas grill and my charcoal grills there was really no reason to go out any more.
This really turned an ordinary steak into a fancy supper. It was excellent and took very little extra effort. I got my “dining out” flavors for less money, hassle, and time.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #amftrecipes when you share one of my recipes….so I can see all the wonderful recipes YOU make!
Connect with Around My Family Table!
Make sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive seasonal recipes once a week or
receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
- 4 (8oz) Filet Mignons
- 1 tbls salt
- 1 tbls pepper
- 1 tbls garlic powder
- 1 stick of butter
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely diced
- Thaw steaks and set grill direct grilling over medium high heat. Season steak by evenly sprinkling with salt, pepper, and garlic powder on both sides. Or try using this steak seasoning.
- Cook steaks for about 6 minutes on the first side, 4 minutes on the second side, and finally turn steaks on their sides for a quick 1-2 minutes to crisp up the bacon. This should be about medium rare-medium doneness.
- While the steaks cook, melt butter with garlic in a small saucepan. Do not allow the butter to come to a boil, but let the garlic flavor the butter as it heats up.
- When steaks are fully cooked, remove from heat and let them rest 5-10 minutes. After you let your steak rest, slice it thin, and drizzle garlic butter over the top.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 316Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 120mgSodium: 2438mgCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 45g
Looking for more Grilling ideas? Check out these scrumptious dishes:
Grilled Garlic-Dijon Chicken & Grapes from Bread Booze Bacon
Grilled Apples a la Mode from I Heart Eating
Grilled Chicken Wings from Kleinworth & Co.
Grilled Peaches and Arugula Pizza from Cooking with Curls
Grilled BBQ Bacon and Shrimp Skewers from Home.Made.Interest.
Balsamic Chicken with Peaches and Prosciutto from The Creative Bite
Grilled Pineapple Coconut Sundaes from Celebrating Sweets
Egg Bake Breakfast Foil Packets from Julie’s Eats & Treats
Grilled Portobello Mushroom Burgers from Liz on Call
Grilled Steak with Garlic Butter Sauce from Around My Family Table
Grilled Watermelon Frozen Margaritas from Nomegeddon